Friday, November 24, 2006

Fasting And Stomach Acid

latest work

So - have long been reported nothing more of my work. So much to tell because there's not even - I'm sitting there with all the other containing People from the "technical staff" (that's hits the best because we cover quite a few different areas of activity - we are all practical analyst, designer and programmer in one person) and look for the places in the code where I want to make my changes, test the and then create an update. With all the other people I understand Supergut me by the way (I was now invited to the New Year's Eve party of my colleagues, is fat-determined) - there is almost always a good atmosphere and it is much laughter, and despite (or perhaps precisely because * g * ?) but mostly we speak different languages - English to English and I. But both sides to improve step by step their shortcomings ... :-) (Always works better understand, just missing unfortunately I always noch'n bunch of grammar and vocabulary basis ...).
But now to the curious (or at least newsworthy) things that have happened in recent weeks. Until yesterday they were really well all the things about which one could smile more or less, but yesterday there was time for a change a bitter mood damper: Our secretary (24) was fired. It is thus already the third person in less than three months, which was during my time here and was gone ;-). One of the reasons I let my views at this point, not because I find it's honestly not correct and can not understand how something in a democratic country with (one hopes it) Freedom of expression can be extracted. But OK, here is how it was, now we are therefore left without first secretary, but the potential successors already imagine :-). "Funny" is that so that our group photo that we were made 1 week in advance (and to which we all cleaned out nicely) and had appeared in the extra suit, again, "obsolete" is. (Oh yes, if someone is looking for me: I get up, front view, right rear, and our ex-secretary is the young lady in front of the center of the image). But the more amusing things: Firstly, there would be

the thing with the hole in the ceiling. Yes, heard it right: One fine day - I believe it was on a Monday, and outside it was raining properly - had a small wet spot in a mosaic of (square, 40 x 40 cm) in the ceiling " our "Hall formed. Well, after he was seen by all the curious, we went back to work first. It was just interesting that this spot was always larger at first, and suddenly something bulged down the wallpaper, so that over time it looked as if there wanted to slip something ;-). At some point, then ripped the wallpaper in one place, and it started slowly runterzurieseln a few small pieces and look disgusting. But The coronation was still, after we had returned from lunch (and had forgotten the place a short time), there was suddenly a hissing sound and came down with a loud * Rummy * the complete part and slammed to the ground. A girl that was sitting right there has got almost get a heart attack :-). Then the first floor above it was seen through the hole. Meanwhile (since then passed again determined 3 weeks) has not done much, the missing piece of the ceiling is covered only with a plastic film (if more water comes down, the problem lies in the floor under).

And now what disgusting * g *. 2 weeks ago I was a little cold (even the effects of one night when I was walking in the pouring rain through Madrid). In any case, this also my sense of smell and taste was impaired Ordet - I took almost nothing was. So much for the preliminaries. Actually, it is namely the lunch that we (the technical staff) almost always take in one of our offices (before I started, people were actually getting somewhere at noon meal in any restaurant (the long lunch break of 1 1 / 2 hours enough for it anyway too loose off) - but as I said since the 'ne area is very expensive here, I could not and would not afford - and so I started the first sandwich, stuff for later Warm-up for the microwave (which is with us in the kitchen) to bring. Meanwhile eat almost all others, also with us in the office :-)). On that day I had my 'ne tortilla de patatas - Aw, kind of potato gratin (not to be confused with these hard tortilla chips), so with the typical food in Spain - the day before at the supermarket bought and brought a lunch stop. Since I posted something and therefore not as hungry, I put only half of the tortilla in the microwave, I grabbed the other half back in the fridge. When I took the finished tortilla in the microwave, I had (despite stunned nose) just feel that there is something strange smells, but in the end I thought nothing of it and let me taste it. Our "dining room" I looked at two of my colleagues and asked if I would smell this funny smell - he probably came from the air conditioner. I - I grade the last bite of pure sliding - came back into the socket and said that I had previously smelled in the kitchen also has something funny and hope that it was not my tortilla (which I imagine but could not because I like bought only the day before had said and she should be preserved until mid-December). So I went with one of my colleagues to check into the kitchen to the other half of the tortilla - but even as we entered the room, beat we meet a beastly stench, and this time I could also smell it (despite the cold) clearly. Without question, which had by heating (the obviously bad tortilla) have come with the microwave. For safety, I let my colleagues still smell on the other half of the tortilla, and he turned from in disgust. Everyone can imagine how I felt now. Not really bad of the tortilla, but just that feeling, "Oh sh ***, I've eaten something tainted". The coronation is yet to come. We then first all the windows flung open, trying to find out this disgusting stench from the offices - and the next half hour, then of course jokes made at my expense, so because of why I had not noticed and that I should ever make my will ;-). . Haha :-( In any event, I immediately grabbed me in affect even the second half of the tortilla and thrown into the (women's) and flushed down the toilet, there was occupied level in men the next day I came to work -. Without any complaints. . had been lucky so again What was less well, however, was that the Damenklo was blocked -. the water was running while rinsing easily from no more Oh man, shot me right in my head that determines the tortilla was then introduced me to our first secretary. to account, why I the tortilla into Damenklo (and not the men's room) was inserted. I knew with my smattering of English, of course, not as I should explain it (our secretary spoke only English that is, not even a hint of English). In the background I saw only the other party, and actually it was indeed hilarious. The problem was that the toilet had to be cleared by a plumber again and that the fun will cost 150 €. But the other calmed me and told me I should not have to worry (and not that which must be paid by me), which eventually was an accident (I still do not understand how half a tortilla - which is now not really sooo great could clog the toilet, but there have sometimes a lot more things by ;-)) and I also was not the first to whom it was happening (anyone had ever managed to the men's vollzukot *** and then also had the plumber ran :-)). Well, tortilla in the near future I will probably not bring more to work with ;-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment